Scope of Warranty:
BIG Adventures, LLC (DBA Liquidlogic Kayaks, Native Watercraft, Bonafide Kayaks) warrants that each kayak we produce, including all components thereof (collectively, the “Products”), shall be free from faulty workmanship and defective materials. Kayak hulls are sold with a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY for the original retail customer against manufacturing defects. Kayak hulls are sold with a 5 year warranty (“Warranty period”) against normal wear and tear as determined by the BIG Adventures Warranty team for the original retail customer with the exception of whitewater kayaks, which are sold with a one (1) year warranty. Kayak Components are warrantied for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. This warranty also applies to Grade 2 (G2 / cosmetically blemished) kayaks sold to the original retail customer.
For all kayaks purchased by a commercial business for Rental, Livery, or Demo use, BIG Adventures, LLC warrants that each kayak we produce, including all components thereof, shall be free from faulty workmanship and defective materials for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Kayak hulls are sold with a one (1) year warranty (the “Warranty Period”) for the original commercial business customer.”
The foregoing limited warranties shall not apply to Products that have been subject to improper use, maintenance, abuse, neglect or accident or circumstances beyond BIG Adventures’ control, in addition to any DAMAGE NOT RELATED TO FAULTY WORKMANSHIP OR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Normal wear and color discoloration;
- Damage caused by structural or dimensional alterations or modifications;
- Products designated as prototypes;
- Products designated as Grade 3 (G3);
- Damage caused by improper storage or transportation;
- Damage caused by use in any activity other than an activity for which the Product was designed and intended for;
- Any Product used for rental/ commercial service of any kind
- Variations in color mixes. Colors may differ from those shown and are unique for each Product.
Propel Pedal Drive Five Year Limited Warranty:
We guarantee your new 701 Series Propel™ against defects in workmanship and materials for five years from its purchase date for the original retail customer. For warranty to be valid, the original purchaser must have registered their kayak and Propel Pedal Drive on the respective kayak brand's website within two weeks of purchase.
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear to the Propel™
- Damage caused by abuse or misuse
- Damage caused by failure to perform routine maintenance
- Failure due to improper transportation - Propel unit needs to be removed from the kayak when transporting.
- Issues resulting from modifications to the boat or Propel™ that were made by anyone other than a BIG Adventures, LLC Authorized Dealer.
- Lubricating the Propel™ Drive with anything except Finish Line premium grease
- Improper tightening of crank arms - not to torque specifications of 26 ft/lbs
It is important to note that if a Propel Pedal Drive arrives to BIG Adventures, LLC and it is within the warranty period, then is inspected and if it’s determined that there is an issue related to the above mentioned bullet points (not covered under warranty), the consumer may be charged for labor, parts and freight.
No Other Warranties:
THE EXPRESS WARRANTY OF BIG ADVENTURES, LLC STATED ABOVE IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DESIGN AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS.
To make a warranty claim hereunder, a customer of BIG Adventures, LLC must register with BIG Adventures, LLC on the specific brand websites. Register your kayak here
Registration should be completed within fourteen (14) days of the date of original purchase for warranty activation. It is recommended that each customer keep a copy of its sales receipt, should it be required in the future for original proof of purchase.
Customer’s Remedies: If you have a problem with your Product that you suspect is covered under the Limited Warranty set forth herein, locate your proof of purchase (registration card or sales receipt) and contact the authorized BIG Adventures dealer that you purchased the Product from. They will instruct you on the next steps. If you have moved or are traveling, you may contact your nearest authorized BIG Adventures dealer.
If a Product is found to be non-conforming with the Limited Warranty set forth herein during the Warranty period, BIG Adventures’ sole obligation will be, at its option, to repair or replace the Product. BIG Adventures reserves the right to replace any Product (including any components thereof) which have been updated or discontinued with comparable current Products.
Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL BIG ADVENTURES LLC’S LIABILITY FOR ANY WARRANTY CLAIM HEREUNDER EXCEED THE AGGREGATE PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR ANY PRODUCT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUDES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL BIG ADVENTURES BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, LOSS OF USE, EVEN IF BIG ADVENTURES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Submitting a Warranty Claim:
Submit the claim to the dealer in which you purchased your kayak. ALL warranties must be received to BIG Adventures, LLC through the dealer where the product was purchased.
Items to have when submitting a warranty claim to your dealer:
- Your Name and Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Proof of purchase with date
- Kayak Model Name
- Serial number for the kayak
- Serial number for the Propel Pedal Drive if applicable.
- Detailed description of the issue.
- Several images and or video of the issue with the kayak
For questions, please contact your BIG Adventures Authorized retailer.